Baking Bread in Gerês
Bake your own broa (traditional Portuguese bread made from corn) from scratch: tour the farm, pick the kernels from the granary, visit the traditional mill and grind the corn until it becomes flour – then plunge your hands into the dough, work it and watch it grow until it’s ready for the wood oven. Finally, taste it – the locals are confident it will be the best bread you’ll ever have!
You will then be guided to the best viewing points of Gerês as you drive through majestic forests – one of the European Networks of Biogenetic Reserves – and on a roman road along the Vilarinho da Furna lakeside.
Then, be prepared for a fantastic swim whether it’s warm or cold: either in beautiful waterfalls or soaking in cosy hot springs. This day trip to Gerês offers a complete experience of its history, gastronomy, culture and nature.
- Pick-up and drop off at accommodation
- SUV equipped with air conditioning + all seats facing forward
- Toddler/child car seats available (9-36 kg)
- Lunch, snacks and water
- Photos and videos
- Local guide with first-aid training and carrying a first aid kit
- A EUR 2 contribution for a conservation project
- Small-group tour
- All equipment necessary for the activities
- Insurance, both personal and liability